What To Do In The Event Of An Auto Accident
In the event you are involved in an automobile accident, the Parish Service Corporation is here to guide you through the claims process.
After an accident occurs, please keep in mind that the first step is to see if anyone is injured. If so, call for medical attention immediately. If the accident happens after hours or on the weekend, please call our toll free number: 1-855-PSC-SRVS (1-855-772-7787).
Afterwards, try to move your vehicle out of harm's way and turn off the car ignition.
- Remain calm. Do not argue with the other parties involved. Do not admit liability or responsibility. Leave liability discussions to the insurance professionals.
- Contact the police. By reporting the accident to the police and filing a report, you will help protect yourself from potential liability claims and legal action.
- Inform the police of any injured parties.
Exchange the following information with the involved parties:
- Driver's License numbers
- Auto insurance company information
- Note weather, road conditions, and time of the accident.
- Record the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the accident.
As soon as possible, fill out the . An original version of the completed form must be sent to the Department of Motor Vehicles. A copy of the form needs to be sent to the Diocesan Insurance Office. This applies to any accident with $1,000 or more in property damage to either car or any personal injury.
All litigation papers (Summons and Complaints, Subpoenas, or other legal documents) should be sent immediately to:
Parish Service Corporation
310 Prospect Park West, Brooklyn, NY 11215
Brian Cosgrove Tel: 718-965-7300, ext. 1351
Paul Radulski Tel: 718-965-7300, ext. 1354
If you have an automobile loss and are in need of repairs, please go to our Auto Repairs tab for more information.